On 22 and 23 June, leading senior level management from bioscience companies across the UK will gather in Hatfield Heath for the BIA’s flagship UK CEO and Investor Forum. With less than one month to go, below we take a look at what to expect from this year’s conference.
It has been a successful period for biotechnology over the past couple of years, with high profile scientific breakthroughs and financing totals reaching unprecedented heights. As we enter June, 2016 looks to be a pivotal year as we consider the future direction for UK life sciences – which way do we go now?
In order to achieve our vision for the UK to establish itself as the third global biotech cluster by 2020, behind US heavyweights Massachusetts and California, the sector must continue to build on recent successes. On 22 and 23 June, representatives from senior bioscience management and investors will gather at the UK CEO and Investor Forum to discuss the most pertinent issues, big challenges and opportunities facing the sector today.
Kicking off the event, a panel session at the pre-forum networking drinks reception will assess the current state of the UK sector, with a focus on funding and investment over the last year. This will be followed by an evening dinner, networking and further discussions.
The following day will continue with over 100 senior level management colleagues discussing and debating key topics in the sector. This year’s keynote presentation will be delivered by Dr Richard Mason, Head of Johnson & Johnson Innovation, London. Dr Mason will talk about how J&J is creating value through innovation, their vision and how they work closely with partners, highlighting recent collaborations.
With senior experts and leading speakers from across the bioscience sector, the forum is an excellent place to gain insight to inform key decisions in the coming 12 months and hear the latest opportunities and challenges facing our sector, including:
- As the polling stations open, delegates will be discussing the potential implications of the EU referendum for the UK political scene and what you need to consider
- Funding incentives and tax breaks – the latest updates including what’s available and what’s around the corner
- Investing in the next generation of leadership
- Partnering – poison pills for M&A and how to minimise them
- Public Markets – tips for a successful IPO
- Crowdfunding – what is it, how does it work and how do you take advantage of it?
- And on the Business Development soapbox – six companies with six minutes to talk about their business, technologies, products or services
Help us to establish the third global biotech cluster, and join us later this month at Down Hall Country House Hotel for 2016’s leading senior bioscience management event.
View some pictures from last year’s event at Oatlands Park Hotel, Surrey
For more information on the forum, visit our website.