Minister for Life Sciences George Freeman MP launched the UK Synthetic Biology Strategic Plan 2016 — Biodesign for the Bioeconomy at SynbiCITE at Imperial College London, the UK innovation and knowledge centre for synthetic biology on 24th February 2016.
This strategic plan, published by the Synthetic Biology Leadership Council (SBLC), aims to accelerate the commercialisation of synthetic biology products and services with clear public benefit, building upon the strength of the UK research base. It focuses on five key areas of strategic importance:
- Accelerating industrialisation and commercialisation
- Maximising the capability of the innovation pipeline
- Building an expert workforce
- Developing a supportive business environment, and
- Building value from national and international partnerships
Do you have a video you would like the sector to see? Contact us.